It is estimated that over 3 million people have faced food poverty since the pandemic began, including those who have lost their employment and their homes. You can offer support by:
- Map out food banks and points of contact in your area to be shared with those who need them.
- Use the Covid-19 Mutual Aid website to locate individual who can support those who are vulnerable and self-isolating to access essential supplies.
- Encourage parents of school age children to continue to claim their free school meals.
- Share information on basic hygiene and infection control with those who may have limited access to technology.
- Share information about the Government’s pledge to support those facing home insecurity and signpost to local Housing Offices.
Streetlink – for reporting a rough sleeper in need of support.
Trussell Trust food banks are searchable by postcode from our Find a Food Bank page here and a map of food banks that are part of the Independent Food Aid Network can be found here.