Thames North Synod | Vacancies
Paid Staff Positions
Salary in the range of £35,000 – £50,000 per annum
(depending on qualifications and experience)
Full-time, with flexibility to work occasional evenings and Saturdays
Based at St. Paul’s URC, Newton Road, Bayswater, London W2 5LS
Thames North Synod of the United Reformed Church is currently seeking an experienced Accountant to undertake the day to day management of the Synod’s finances; prepare statutory accounts and to contribute to the smooth running of the Synod Office.
The right candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- An organised, efficient and collaborative style of working
Closing date for completed applications: 5 pm on Friday 12 May 2017. Interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday 22 May 2017
The successful applicant to start as soon as possible. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Application Pack for this Vacancy:
(clik on a heading to download a document)
For all other enquiries please contact: email@example.com
Tel: 020 7799 5000 option 3
Children's and Youth Work
Offices Already Vacant
- Ecumenical Officer
- Healing Adviser
Vacancies in Churches
Please note that you should contact the church advertising the vacant position directly and not the synod office.
There are currently no vacancies in churches.
For more information about any of the above vacancies, please contact Sue Russell, Secretary of the Nominations Committee. Terms of reference for each of the Committees of the Synod can be found in the Committees section of the website. As a general guide the role of Convenor and Secretary are described below:
Job Description for a Convenor
1. To chair all meetings of the committee.
2. To decide on the frequency of meetings, and to fix their dates.
3. With the Secretary, to prepare the agenda for meetings.
4. To represent the committee as necessary.
5. To ensure that the committee carries out its responsibilities as laid down by Synod.
Job Description for a Secretary
1. To ensure that minutes are prepared and kept of all meetings of the committee.
2. With the Convenor, to prepare the agenda for meetings, and to circulate it.
3. To make practical arrangements for the meetings as necessary.
4. To engage in correspondence on behalf of the committee.
5. To have custody of all important documents relating to the work of the committee.
If you have any queries regarding our vacancies then please get in touch.