Thames North Synod | Vacancies
Children's and Youth Work
Offices Already Vacant
- Ecumenical Officer
- Healing Adviser
Vacancies in Churches
Please note that you should contact the church advertising the vacant position directly and not the synod office.
There are currently no vacancies in churches.
For more information about any of the above vacancies, please contact Sue Russell, Secretary of the Nominations Committee. Terms of reference for each of the Committees of the Synod can be found in the Committees section of the website. As a general guide the role of Convenor and Secretary are described below:
Job Description for a Convenor
1. To chair all meetings of the committee.
2. To decide on the frequency of meetings, and to fix their dates.
3. With the Secretary, to prepare the agenda for meetings.
4. To represent the committee as necessary.
5. To ensure that the committee carries out its responsibilities as laid down by Synod.
Job Description for a Secretary
1. To ensure that minutes are prepared and kept of all meetings of the committee.
2. With the Convenor, to prepare the agenda for meetings, and to circulate it.
3. To make practical arrangements for the meetings as necessary.
4. To engage in correspondence on behalf of the committee.
5. To have custody of all important documents relating to the work of the committee.
If you have any queries regarding our vacancies then please get in touch.