Date(s) - 20/05/2017
10:00 - 17:00
Join the URC Big Day Out – Feasts and Festivals – Warwick Castle
A Big Day Out to which the whole church is invited is being organised by Pilots. In recent years, events at Cadbury World, Legoland, Longleat Safari Park, Warwick Castle and, most recently, West Midlands Safari Park have attracted many church groups and families to come and enjoy a day of celebration.
This year, 2017, as part of the Feast and Festivals theme focus for the United Reformed Church, the event is taking place at Warwick Castle on Saturday 20 May 2017 from 10.00am – 5.00pm. ALL church families, groups and their friends are invited.
The Planning Group is working hard to make sure that this will be a special day for everyone who takes part. On the day there will be many things to be excited about, including:
- worship for everyone, with live music
- access to Warwick Castle and attractions (see enclosed leaflet)
- the chance to meet with friends, old and new from all over the country
A duffle bag for use on the day and special edition Feasts and Festivals Badge are all included in the price.
Admission prices are:
17+ years £16.50 per person
4-16 years £11.00 per person
Under 4s free
1 FREE adult place for every 10 paid child places
Each group or family will be responsible for making their own travel arrangements to and from the event. Car parking charges at Warwick Castle will be in the region of £9 per car. Groups wishing to make a weekend of the trip can be put in contact with one of the local churches who have offered to host groups overnight.
What You Should Do Next
Things that you should DO NOW include:
- advertise the date (postcards are enclosed). For more postcards and/or A3 posters, please contact the Feasts and Festivals Desk (details below)
- copy and distribute booking forms and consent forms (enclosed)
- fundraise to help cover the cost of travel and entrance tickets
- make travel arrangements and contact us if you would like to be put in contact with a local church to arrange overnight accommodation
- ensure you have the appropriate numbers of adult leaders in accordance with the URC’s Safeguarding advice in GP4 (Page 33-34 in the Handbook for Churches here: www.urc.org.uk/images/safeguarding/GP4-Safeguarding-Pack-2015w.pdf)
- consult your local church’s safeguarding policy to ensure that all requirements are met when arranging an excursion away from your church premises
- contact the person in your church responsible for insurance to ensure that you have adequate cover for offsite activities (Warwick Castle has appropriate public liability insurance)
If you have any questions at this stage, please contact the Feasts and Festivals Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org ; 020 7916 8637) and we will do our best to answer them.
John Proctor / Soo Webster
General Secretary United Reformed Church Convenor Pilots Management Committee